Having read a number of incredible books over the past few years, I have hand-picked those that have enlightened me on my journey the most. I thought to share them here to inspire your reading list, in case you are after a new book that offers a tonne of inspiration but also a deep meaningful mindset transformation that can create truly life-changing results.
5 Books that have expanded my Consciousness
& Changed my Life forever
1. The Biology of Belief by Bruce H. Lipton PHD: here
- This was by far the most transformational book I've ever read. Beliefs are behind every action, creation and results we see in our life. This book explains how to understand your own beliefs and their power to create the life of your dreams. Additionally, it will help you uncover any limiting beliefs you may hold in your subconscious mind and transform them into empowering beliefs so that there is nothing hindering your success, opportunities and happiness.
- This 10th-anniversary edition of Bruce Lipton’s best-selling book The Biology of Belief has been updated to bolster the book’s central premise with the latest scientific discoveries—and there have been a lot in the last decade.
- The Biology of Belief is a groundbreaking work in the field of new biology. Former medical school professor and research scientist Bruce H. Lipton, Ph.D., presents his experiments, and those of other leading-edge scientists, which examine in great detail the mechanisms by which cells receive and process information. The implications of this research radically change our understanding of life, showing that genes and DNA do not control our biology; instead, DNA is controlled by signals from outside the cell, including the energetic messages emanating from our positive and negative thoughts. This profoundly hopeful synthesis of the latest and best research in cell biology and quantum physics has been hailed as a major breakthrough, showing that our bodies can be changed as we retrain our thinking.
2. The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg: here
- One cannot create success in life if your underlying limiting beliefs control your daily habits. So the above book on 'The Biology of Belief' and this book 'The Power of Habit' go hand in hand to help you transform your subconscious mind operating system and therefore reprogram yourself for success. Some of the most successful people in the world stand by this knowledge and know that without successful habits you cannot become a highly successful person. This book gives you once in a lifetime opportunities to transform your limitations into powerful habits and empower you on your way to success.
- In The Power of Habit, Pulitzer Prize–winning business reporter Charles Duhigg takes us to the thrilling edge of scientific discoveries that explain why habits exist and how they can be changed. Distilling vast amounts of information into engrossing narratives that take us from the boardrooms of Procter & Gamble to sidelines of the NFL to the front lines of the civil rights movement, Duhigg presents a whole new understanding of human nature and its potential. At its core, The Power of Habit contains an exhilarating argument: The key to exercising regularly, losing weight, being more productive, and achieving success is understanding how habits work. As Duhigg shows, by harnessing this new science, we can transform our businesses, our communities, and our lives.
3. Woman's Worth by Marianne Williamson: here
- This is one of those incredibly beautiful empowering and inspiring books that will leave you speechless. I have had so many 'AHA' moments OMG, I've done that! OMG, that's exactly how I felt and never knew why...) and even moments when I've cried my eyes out after realising how much women have been prosecuted (and still are) for their gifts, ingenious abilities and often times superior qualities that many men couldn't accept in the past. I am not a feminist, instead, I believe in equality but sadly if we start looking at how we still live in today's societies, we will quickly realize that we are not there yet. I genuinely believe that it's time for us Divine Feminine to step up and reclaim our power to sit righteously at the head of the table with all men. Only when we learn to honor both Divine Feminine and Divine Masculine equally, will we be able to live in harmony with nature and all living beings.
- With A WOMAN'S WORTH, Marianne Williamson turns her charismatic voice--and the same empowering, spiritually enlightening wisdom that energized her landmark work, A RETURN TO LOVE-- to exploring the crucial role of women in the world today. Drawing deeply and candidly on her own experiences, the author illuminates her thought-provoking positions on such issues as beauty and age, relationships and sex, children and careers, and the reassurance and reassertion of the feminine in a patriarchal society. Cutting across class, race, religion, and gender, A WOMAN'S WORTH speaks powerfully and persuasively to a generation in need of healing, and in search of harmony.
4. Chakra Healing - A Beginner's Guide to Self-Healing Techniques that Balance the Chakras: here
- If you have told me a year ago that working consistently on your chakras will help you to self-heal, get significantly better at Law of Attraction and also gain more Self-confidence to go after my dreams, I would have never believed you. But here I am a year later, having accomplished dreams I never thought possible. From travelling solo around Asia, through publishing a book to running my own business, I thank a variety of self-healing methods including Chakra and Crystal healing which helped me to get where I am today.
- In this book, you'll discover the ancient knowledge of chakra healing and restore balance to your mind, body, and spirit.
- Within all living beings are powerful centers of energy called chakras. Each chakra holds the potential for immense healing and restoration. However, learning how to harness the chakra system’s amazing power can be challenging when so much of the information available is dense and academic or subjective and hard to trust.
- In her successful New York practice, energy healer, acupuncturist, and Reiki master Margarita Alcantara addresses the most common ailments people experience today. She's successfully taught her clients a wide range of different healing techniques for removing energy blockages and balancing their chakras. Through practical instruction and compassionate guidance, Margarita shows each client how to find the self-healing chakra technique that resonates best for their own unique needs.
- In Chakra Healing Margarita brings these powerful techniques for chakra healing to anyone who wants to better their emotional, physical, and spiritual health through:
- A THREE-PART CHAKRA HEALING APPROACH to identify your ailment, discover the affected chakra, and select from an array of effective chakra healing techniques
- A VARIETY OF THERAPEUTIC METHODS TO CHOOSE FROM including Meditations & Visualizations, Crystals, Essential Oils, Yoga, Food & Diet, Behavioral Changes, and more.
5. The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer: here
- What would it be like to free yourself from limitations and soar beyond your boundaries? What can you do each day to discover inner peace and serenity? The Untethered Soul—now a #1 New York Times bestseller—offers simple yet profound answers to these questions.
- Whether this is your first exploration of inner space, or you’ve devoted your life to the inward journey, this book will transform your relationship with yourself and the world around you. You’ll discover what you can do to put an end to the habitual thoughts and emotions that limit your consciousness. By tapping into traditions of meditation and mindfulness, author and spiritual teacher Michael A. Singer shows how the development of consciousness can enable us all to dwell in the present moment and let go of painful thoughts and memories that keep us from achieving happiness and self-realization.
- Copublished with the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) The Untethered Soul begins by walking you through your relationship with your thoughts and emotions, helping you uncover the source and fluctuations of your inner energy. It then delves into what you can do to free yourself from the habitual thoughts, emotions, and energy patterns that limit your consciousness. Finally, with perfect clarity, this book opens the door to a life lived in the freedom of your innermost being.
- The Untethered Soul has already touched the lives of countless readers, and is now available in a special hardcover gift edition with ribbon bookmark—the perfect gift for yourself, a loved one, or anyone who wants a keepsake edition of this remarkable book.
"The quieter you become, the more you can hear." – Ram Dass
Are you someone who struggles to focus and concentrate? The minute you sit down to doing what you love, all sorts of thoughts cross your mind telling you "There is washing to do", "I haven't done xyz for someone yet", "My children will be home soon, I should make dinner..." Don't worry, you are not alone. We've been programmed from the young age to be responsible and complete our tasks first, often complete insignificant and meaningless duties that could easily wait. And the worse thing is that we all know it! But the minute you sit down to doing what you love, it's like your mind has a 'mind of its own' and wants to take over...
If this is happening to you, you likely hold a limiting belief: "I am not allowed to take time for myself" or "I am not allowed to be successful". This belief has likely occurred in your childhood by your parents, teachers or environment priming you to put others first.
But don't worry, it can all be reversed. Just like you have created the limiting belief "Not allowed to do something...", you can create a new belief and override your old limitation. Start with observing your actions. How do you behave? What actions do you take? What is typically your outcome? Are you sabotaging yourself? If this is the case, then your Subconscious mind is running the show. Like a computer program, operating quietly in your 'unconscious' mind, you don't even know you are doing it. Until you start observing yourself and take a decision to change it. This is where you fully step into your power and take responsibility for what you are creating in your life.
- Simply, write down the old limiting belief, the feelings, patterns and habits that come up for you when you are not allowing yourself to have what you desire. Then write down a new Empowering belief e.g. 'I allow myself to have everything I desire', 'It's easy for me to create what I desire', 'I love following my passion and take time for myself'...
- Repeat the new Belief and affirmations to yourself daily for at least 30 - 60 days. Make sure you accompany it with feelings of love and excitement to override your old programming. Start doing what you love slowly and if you get distracted and frustrated, catch yourself and reaffirm the new pattern that you are creating by simply continuing and allowing yourself to have what you desire.
- This then settles in your Subconscious mind and after consistent repetition, new habit is created. You may have to watch it and catch yourself until it becomes completely easy for you and you won't even have to think about it.
3 Crystals to help you focus:
I hope you love these too. Please let me know which books you loved and what crystals helped you with focus and concentration.
❤ Please share with your friends who may love these books too. Thank you ❤
You may also like: